First of all, I apologize for how long it has been since I've written on here. I suppose I knew at the start that I wouldn't be able to blog every day, or even every week. I also just don't have THAT much to say. :)
But anyways, I guess it's a great time for me to write again because first off, I'm done with school till September!! I'm really, really excited about this. Mostly because it means I'm halfway done with University. I'm also done with O.S.U Mansfield and moving to Columbus in the fall, which will be trying at times, but very inviting. I'm looking forward to city life experience and what comes with that (especially the diversity and opportunities). Anyway, I guess it is also a good time for me to write again because I feel like a lot is on my mind and a lot of changes are taking place in my life, once again. When change happens, one way I feel I can express more clearly how I'm feeling about those changes, is through writing.
My parents and sister get back from P.N.G on Thursday! I'm so looking forward to their return. Mostly just because I miss who they are and how my family interacts. I miss their love and our conversations. I have truly felt like I appreciate them even more since we have been apart the past 5-6 months. I have missed my dad's hugs, compliments, and encouragement. I have missed mom's love, good food (though Paula's has been wonderful!) :), and especially having fun with mom watching TV or shopping. I miss Lauren's humor, laughs, hugs, sweetness, and her silliness. But, although my family is coming back and I'm SO happy about this, I have some sadness too.
Time has gone by quite fast, especially ever since spring finally came to Ohio. I have enjoyed my time living with the Keiper family immensely. I feel like I now have a second family. Dave is one of the kindest, most gentle, of men that I know. Paula and me clicked quite quickly after I moved in. We love to talk and she has been great to talk to in the mornings at breakfast or at lunch. She has been very hospitable and very loving to me. Holly is my third sister and I cherish her friendship and our good memories we have made. Nate is practically like the brother I've never had. Great fun, lots of laughs and great fun to hang out. Not to mention, he has been quite helpful with things such as helping me install a new battery in our Jeep (today) which took 3 hrs to do! Thanks Keiper family for having me! :)
So, I am sad about leaving this family that I've grown to really love and enjoy being around. I always get a bit sad before I move again in life and before change is about to hit in my life. I think this is because I know change always brings some type of goodbyes...and I don't like goodbyes. In fact, I often dread them. But, I've had enough experience with goodbyes and with change, to know that something good is still coming. So, I say goodbye to this 6 month phase of my life, with good memories and with contentment, knowing that I was where God wanted me. I was blessed very much. I say hello to whatever comes my way the next several months. God is good and I'm trusting in his perfect way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

thanks for posting jess. I love you and I'm excited to see you soon and talk with you about your year and how God's been working in our lives. I miss so much about you! I just really like you and can't wait to get coffee or chill at camp and in columbus together! <3
ReplyDelete