Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Mystery







I have recently been listening to a lot of Phil Wickham's music, and really focusing on the lyrics closely. I love the music and the words in many of his songs. God speaks to me through music very clearly and the other day I was in the car as this song, "Mystery", played. The words just hit me and I wanted this to be my prayer.
I have been asking for clarity from God on several things. I've been asking to see his glory in ways I have not before. I've been asking for understanding. After listening to this song I realized, that our beautiful Lord, loves to reveal himself to us, but at the same time he loves to stay a mystery in some ways. This level of mystery causes us to examine who he really is, to search Him out with all our hearts. Maybe we don't always get clarity, or understanding. But, I do think we see his glory in that mystery, and that glory brings us nearer to Him. I believe that is an awesome, beautiful thing.


Mystery by Phil Wickham:

Here in the quiet speak to me now
My ears are open to
Your gentle sweet whispering
Break down the door, come inside
Shine down your bright light
I need a lamp for my feet, I need a lamp for my feet

I want to hear the thunder of who you are
To be captured inside the wonder of who you are
I want to live I want to breathe
To search out your heart and all of your mysteries

You were the first and you'll be the end
Time cannot hold you down
Why save a wretch like me?
No eye has seen, no ear has heard
No heart could fully know
All of your mystery

Your glory burns in the stars
Shine down your light let it burn in my heart
Bring me to glory, bring me to you
Lord it's your heart that I will hold onto

Your glory burns in the stars
Shine down your light let me know who you are
Jesus, your glory burns in the stars

No comments:

Post a Comment