Monday, May 4, 2009

The Everlasting

Growing up a missionary kid meant that I constantly moved around throughout my life. I'm still moving around. I've had many, many homes. I have had to say too many goodbyes. I have struggled with the pain of losing things very precious to me. Sometimes I feel as if nothing is constant in my life. I feel as if nothing stays the same. I feel as if nothing is trustworthy, safe, or everlasting. I am wrong. The Lord is all of these things, and much more. I am comforted today by knowing that my God is an Everlasting Father and He displays His Everlasting love, glory, and power in the glory of His creation. Here is a song by Third Day (at least that's who I know sings it) called You are the Everlasting God. Maybe it will speak truth into your heart today as it has mine.

"Ruler of the universe
Higher than the kings of earth
Long before the world began
Everything was in Your hands
Your glory will forever stand

For you are the Lord
And You are God above
Your love goes on and on
You are the everlasting Father
You are the everlasting light, oh yeah
Every knee shall bow
You are the everlasting life

Through the raging of the seas
The hills proclaim Your majesty
All these things created for
The glorifying of the Lord
We praise Your name forevermore

For You are the Lord
And You are God above
Your love goes on and on
You are the everlasting Father
You are the everlasting light, oh yeah
Every knee shall bow
Lord of mercy [we adore You now]
You are the everlasting life
My heart cries out
My spirit shouts
I'll praise Your name forevermore "

Isaiah 9:6 "For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, EVERLASTING FATHER, Prince of Peace."

Daniel 7:14 "And to him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom, that all peoples, nations, and languages should serve him; his dominion is an everlasting dominion which shall not pass away, and his kingdom one that shall not be destroyed."

No comments:

Post a Comment