Thursday, May 14, 2009

I'm going to be a Radiological Technologist!

Well, I got an e-mail from OSU main campus telling me I made it in the Radiation Science and Therapy program I applied for! This is really big and exciting for me because first of all it is a very competitive program. I've been waiting awhile to hear from them. I was feeling pretty good about making it in, but I didn't expect to hear anything from them till June, after I got my grades from spring quarter. So it's a definite praise!! I'm so thankful! It is so nice to have a more exact idea of where and what I"ll be doing in the fall! I'm also really excited to continue my studies in this field.

The opportunities are going to be awesome in Columbus, at least I'm hoping so! God really taught me patience in waiting to hear from the main campus. I have definitley learnt to trust in his faithfulness and his promises to mark out a good path for my life. I'm so excited for what He has done for me already and what He'll continue to do and show me in the years ahead of my studies and living in the city!!! I'm praying for lots of awesome experiences, and I'd appreciate your prayers as well! :)

Just so you know a little more about what this area of study is all about, if you don't have a clue, I'll let you know. Most Radiological Technologists only go to school for 2 years. The program I applied for was a Bachelors in Radiation Sciences and therapy. It's a bit more in depth than just a 2 year degree, and the opportunities that come from it are greater. There were 3 fields of study within this degree and I chose the Radiography (X-ray) one over Radiation Therapy or Sonography (ultrasound). This degree means that I could end up working in a hospital, small clinic, or I could end up doing something like teaching Radiological procedures, management of a Radiology department, or endless other opportunities. I also know that this degree could be useful in other countries as well, if I would want to travel in the future. I'll find out a lot more specifics as I continue in this program, but I'm really excited for the next 2 years and I am so thankful for God's guidance in my life thus far. Thanks for your prayers so far and thanks for your encouragement!!!

1 comment:

  1. Praise God Jess! I'm so glad to hear it!!! :) miss you love!

    ReplyDelete