I miss my mom. She is overseas in Papua New Guinea right now. I have been thinking a lot about her and why I appreciate her. It is very true that being away from people reminds you how much you love them and why you love them. People who know my mom always tell me that I remind them of her, or they always let me know that, "Jess, you look so much like Karen". :) I don't mind one bit though because my mom is a beautiful, special person. She has so many wonderful qualities about her and I only HOPE I can be more like her as the years pass on by.
My mom is a very giving person. She is very hospitable and she loves to have people over. She is such a good hostess whether it is just a small group or a larger group of 20+ people. She never looks frazzled, but rather looks calm, collected and has a smile on her face. She loves people and she loves to converse with people. She is a marvelous cook. Whether it's her homemade pizza, chicken enchiladas, cheesecakes, or some new dish, she does it wonderfully and perfectly.
Mom is not a complainer. She works hard and the only times I hear her complain is when she probably has reason to be (like being really tired since she has been working a long time). Mom keeps the family together and makes sure everything is controlled in her home. Although we moved around a lot in my life, there was always comfort and familiarity in the way that Mom would decorate and organize our new living space.
Mom is a ton of fun to be around. She's fun to tease. :) She's fun to listen to music with, dance with, cook with, shop with. The other day I noticed a new second hand store (Plato's closet-a nice one!) had opened and I immediatly thought that mom would love to go there with me. I love that my mom loves to shop but she is also a bargain shopper. She is always looking for a good deal. I like her opinion on the things I buy as well.
I also value my mom's opinion about many other things in life. Serious things. I really admire her strength throughout the years especially when times got really tough. She has not had an easy life. She does not give up though. She trusts in her Lord. Her love for Him and her family is evident in her life.
With my mom being overseas the past few months, I've realized all the reasons I really appreciate and value her. I can't wait to see her again in a few weeks, and I hope to tell, and show her more often why I love and appreciate her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment